nicholson river winery | RESTAURANT
Scope of project works
- Obtain planning approval for a Restaurant - addressing buildings, signage, car parking, vegetation removal, liquor licence.
- Initially review plans provided by architect, provide feedback, comments, suggestions.
- Seek planning approval from Council.
- Discussions with neighbours about concerns.
Why the need to obtain planning permit
The land is zoned Rural Living Zone - the purpose of the zone is to provide for residential development in a rural environment. A permit is required to use and develop land for a winery and a restaurant. Uses other than residential need to provide evidence that they will not be detrimental to the existing land uses and development surrounding the site.
Involvement in the process
- Site visit, review plans, provide feedback and suggestions for changes to comply with planning requirements.
- Liaise with Council, Engineers, Liquor Licensing Victoria, Surveyors, Building designers, Client Prepare Planning Submission.
- Discussions with neighbours considering lodging an objection - negotiate to reduce concerns.
- Once permit issued review requirements/conditions with client to ensure conditions reasonable and workable and to ensure the client understands responsibility to comply.